Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Cape, the wonderful Cape.

I think it was Michael Fish who once told us that fears of a freak hurricane on the shores of the UK was quite simply absurd. Well it appears that he now plys his trade in South Africa, telling locals and travelers alike that we could actually expect sunny weather in Cape Town in the middle of summer.

OK, so no tornado, hurricane or even a hint of a whirlwind this time, we don't even have any fallen trees but as I'm sure so many of you will be happy to here that CT is in fact plunging below 10 degrees tonight, my hair is dripping onto the keyboard as I speak and I'm already wearing the second of the two pair of jeans I brought away with me.

Well, all the same, jumper, trainers, socks and jeans in hand you have to admire the South African's. It rains so they wear coats and put there hoods up. No complaining of how global warming is creeping up on them in the middle of the night and that if they don't turn nuclear by the next decade suddenly a new season will appear.

My admiration does have to stop here however, as the Brit in my is crying out to complain. 9500 miles for rain and lots of it. You do have to wonder eh! Fingers crossed for tomorrow, it's time to climb a hill, in trainers, a pair of jeans and a jumper. Now where have I heard that before. Let's just hope Mr Fish isn't rota'd on!

Tim

1 comment:

Nick @ All Points North said...

Tim -
I think you might be OK because Mr Fish has retired now. Enjoy the view from Table Mountain it is supposed to be fantastic.
Looking forward to your next blog.
Dad